2.22.2012

OK, let's try this again...

I see all these cute blogs about being pregnant & doing the whole weekly-update & bump-shot thing & think "love that! must do it!". Well I'm 18 weeks & have yet to begin. I totally planned on it, not just to keep creeper friends & family (you know who you are) updated, but also to act as a journal for myself. Just as I was starting to think "Ok, let's blog!", I was thrown a curve ball.
I guess you can call me a bit a of a worry-wart but ever since I saw those 2 little lines on my Dollar Tree preggers test the thought of something going wrong has been in the back of my mind. I couldn't wait to get out of the 1st trimester since the chance of a miscarriage goes down significantly. The first day into my 2nd TM was one of the worst days of my life.
Just a few details: 1st day into 13 weeks - Had just dropped my hubby off at football practice - Was walking into Target - Thought I had uncontrollably started to pee my pants - Discovered it was in fact not pee - Commenced the freaking out - Drove to the ER.
I will spare you what followed but lets just say after the most HORRIFIC emergency room experience I'm sure I'll ever have, I was told "Yep that's a lot of blood. You're probably having a miscarriage. Sorry." They handed me one piece of paper with a couple sentances explaining what they said was happening, said to call my OB in the morning & sent me home. Uh, excuse me! I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life. You know that kind of crying where you don't care who sees you & you can't catch your breath & you feel like your brain is melting out your eyes? Yeah, pretty much like that. So we went home. Elevated my feet (per the instructions of that extremely helpful piece of paper) & tried to catch a few winks on the couch.
Fast-forward 6 weeks...
I am now 18 weeks along with healthy baby boy! Those nerds in that ER had no idea what they were talking about, thank God! Literally everything they told me was untrue. My little guy stayed strong & held a great heartbeat the whole time. What had happened is called a subchorionic hemorrhage & I won't even pretend to be able to explain what it means. Feel free to Google it if you feel so inclined :) All I know is that after over a month of bed rest, I have been cleared & can be treated as a normal pregnancy. Thank you Jesus!
That whole experience has been burned into my brain & will forever affect how I feel about being pregnant. But I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally be able to feel like I can start planning for this little guy. Up until now, I didn't want to do too much "just in case". But I'm feeling good & ready to go baby boy crazy!
Bring on the baby-bump pics & Pinterest links & blog updates!!!



1 comment:

  1. Praise God! So happy you're having a boy!! Im praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete