3.22.2011

the first post...

So here it is... the first post. How exciting! Or completely mundane, I guess depending on who is doing the reading :) I have recently become quite the blog-reading creep, so I feel it's only fair to put myself out there too. I started this, ooohh, about November of last year with every intention of my first post being January 1st. Well, hello March 22nd! I feel pretty ridiculous writing this considering I have my doubts about who exactly would want to read it, so let's just say I'm doing it for my own cathartic reasons.
I titled this blog "A Beautiful New Chapter" because that is exactly what I feel I've started. I got married on June 27th, 2009 to seriously the bestest guy in the whole wide world! (And I know every other taken girl out there will whole-heartedly disagree with me, but what they don't know is that I'm telling the absolute truth. It's a fact! My hubs is literally THE best. So there.)
So after we got married, I told my most excellent hubby that we would go wherever HIS job carried us. Little did I know that we'd be carried so soon. Up until October 2010, we were living in Burleson, TX (a.k.a. South Ft. Worth and the hometown of Kelly Clarkson, fyi.) I was teaching Special Ed at the best elementary school ever (shout out Bransom Bobcats!!) and the hubs was on staff at church as the associate pastor. Have I failed to mention that my other half is a pastor? Oh were did my head go. Thats the most important part of this puzzle. A little history- my dad is also a pastor for the Assemblies of God and statistically, I am the quintessential pastor's kid, or PK. Bratty, bossy, rebbelious... the works. I had spoken out quite loudly, from an early age, against never, EVER marrying a pastor. Well you know how they say God has a sense of humor? Jokes on me. After 23 years of holding my ground, I caved. What can I say- he's a total hottie.

So back to Texas... My Mr. started feeling the itch about March of 2010. We had close friends who were planting a church in northeast Tennessee and had asked if we'd like to come along. Remember when I unwittingly made the comment about going where his job took us? Long story short- we packed up and headed to the hills of northeast Tennessee in October. I am the children's ministry director and my hubby is the Youth pastor. I'll probably post the longer version at a later date.
Honesty is the best policy right? So we've been here for about 5 months now and it still doesn't feel like home. Not that I don't like it, cause I do! I just don't feel settled yet. But that could have something to do with the fact that we don't have our own place yet, don't have steady income, don't have a building for our church... All the little party favors you get when planting a church. Again, more on all that later.

This new chapter of our lives is shaping up to be pretty interesting. I guess that's why I'd like to document it in this way. We'll see how that goes...
Oh by the way, I forgot to introduce myself to any non-family/friends. My name is Stephanie :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy you started a blog! Ill be an avid creeper uh, I mean reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love it! I'm a new follower.

    Love,
    Lyric :)
    www.fwmomtalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete