5.17.2011

family fun.

So I thought having to come back home after being at my parent's was hard (especially when I was horribly homesick in the first place), but having them come visit us here in TN and then have to leave was really sucky :( I guess it's cause I know that when I'm up in IL, it's just for a trip. But them being here in my world started to feel so normal. They came to visit for about a week and we had a blast! I really got used to them being here and can totally see them moving to this neck of the woods. I was able to spend Mother's day with my mom for the first time in a few years, so that was nice.We spent most of our time driving around, sightseeing. We spent the day over in Gatlinburg and took a chair-lift ride up the mountain. We drove up into the Virginia, through the hills and over to Abingdon. The funnest part of the trip though was starting to go through some houses with our realtor.






Yes, we are getting a house! I am so so so so sooooooooooooo excited! We are blessed beyond belief and have some people who are wanting to help us with getting our first little starter home. We've looked at about a dozen or so but I think we may have narrowed it down to 2. Hopefully we'll have good news on one here in a few weeks. I can't wait to finally unpack all of our stuff that has been in storage since October and start feeling like we actually do live here. I have been spending countless hours on the internet looking at ideas and projects, loving every minute of it. Can't wait to get started!
We've also been working on the new space for our church. It's about half way done, with all of the walls and lighting done. We'll be picking out paint (the best part) and hopefully moving in next month. It's going to look so great! I not only get to decorate my office, but the nursery and youth room. It's been so fun picking out colors and putting together design boards. Fingers crossed it turns out as good as I see it in my head :)

Well that's about sums up the last few weeks. Still workin on doing this more regularly. Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment